Saturday 19 March 2016

Holy Grail Drugstore Items

Hey everyone, welcome to my blog. I hope you're having a wonderful day. In today's post, I share some of my favourite drugstore items with you. These are the products that I find work well for me, and this will not be the same for everybody.


Starting with face products, I have two holy grail primers. The first one is from Rimmel, and it is from the Lasting Finish range. This primer is £6.99, however there is normally an offer on Rimmel products, so it is easy to pick up on sale. I find that this primer helps my makeup last for longer, and a little bit goes a long way.
Next is the Collection Primed and Ready primer. I have the mattifying pore minimiser primer, and there are also illuminating ones, all costing £4.99 each. I chose this primer because I wanted to minimise my pores, to make a smooth base for my makeup, and I find that this primer helps control excess oils on my face, helping to keep my face matte, without the need for powder.
My holy grail concealer is the Maybelline Fit Me, which is £5.99. This concealer has very good coverage considering the price, and it is also really creamy and easy to blend out. This concealer can be used for both blemishes, and under the eyes, making it my go-to concealer if I'm in a rush.
For foundation, I have two holy grail products. Firstly is the L'Oréal Infallible matte foundation, which is the cheaper of the two, at £7.99. This is one of my all time favourite foundations, as it has high coverage and excellent staying power. It also comes in shades pale enough for my skin, whereas other foundations are often too dark.
The other foundation is from Bourjois, and it is the 123 perfect colour correcting foundation. This foundation is one of the more expensive drugstore foundations, costing £10.99, however it has three colour correcting pigments, and provides more coverage than a BB cream. I picked this foundation to help conceal the redness on my face, and I find that it really helps with that.
My favourite drugstore contouring palette is from Makeup Revolution, and it was only £3.50. This is a complete dupe for the Sleek Face Form contour palette, which is £9.99, and it is also very similar to my Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette, which is £23.50. This palette contains a blusher, bronzer and highlighter, and each one is extremely pigmented, and it is one of my preferred face items.
For bronzer, I chose the NYC Smooth Skin bronzer as my holy grail item. This is because it is a matte warm toned bronzer, however it is not too orange. It also blends out really easily, and I really like the fact that it isn't shimmery.
I rarely wear blusher, however if I do, I find that I reach for the Miss Sporty insta glow blusher. This is a gorgeous shimmery pink colour, and it adds just the right pink flush to the apples of my cheeks. This is also a bargain, costing only £2.99.
Highlighting is one of my favourite parts of doing my makeup, and my holy grail highlighter is the Makeup Revolution highlighting palette. Each shade is well-loved, and it has eight different shades, ranging from a natural pink highlighter, to a bright white for a perfect glow. My personal favourite is the champagne colour, as I find it works the best with my skin tone.



Moving onto eyes, my favourite eyeshadow palette is the w7 In The Buff. This is a dupe for the Naked 2, and it consists of the perfect gold and copper toned eyeshadows. This is my winter go-to palette, and all of the shades blend together well to help create the perfect eye look.
My favourite eyeliner is the Maybelline Big Eyes. This is quite expensive for eyeliner, at £4.99, however each end is extremely pigmented. I also think that it is a really good idea to have a black end and a white end, instead of having to use two separate eyeliners.
I have a variety of different holy grail mascaras. The cheapest being the Natural Collection waterguard mascara. All Natural Collection products are £1.99, however I find that the majority of them are quite good. The mascara is essentially natural looking, however it can be layered to form a dramatic look.
Next is the Collection Lengthening Mascara, costing £3.99. This mascara is amazing, and I find that it really separates the eyelashes, and lengthens each one. I picked up the waterproof version, as this formula is better for hot weather, and I plan to wear this throughout the summer months.
The final mascara is from L'Oréal, and it is the Lash Telescopic mascara. This is definitely more pricey than the other drugstore mascaras, as it is £10.99. I find that one coat of this mascara is the perfect amount to create the perfect full lash look. However, if this mascara is layered too many times it becomes quite clumpy and spidery.
My holy grail eyebrow product is the Primark eyebrow powder. I didn't have very high hopes for this, as it was only £1.50. This is my all time favourite drugstore eyebrow product. It really helps fill in any sparse areas and create the desired eyebrow shape. This product has lasted such a long time, considering I use it every day, and I would recommend this over any eyebrow product from Superdrug.


Finally, these are my holy grail lip items. First, I have two lip liners from Rimmel. They are both £3.99, and they are in the shades 005 Pure (pink) and 032 Innocent (nude). The pink shade is a lovely matte pink, which is perfect worn alone. The nude shade is the most neutral shade I have found, which makes it perfect to line your lips for any lipstick.
My holy grail lipstick of from Kiko, and it is the Smart lipstick in the shade 917, which is £3.90. This lipstick applies really easily, and I also find that it is moisturising, which is quite uncommon in cheaper lipsticks. This is a pinky-nude shade, and it is my everyday lipstick for when I wear makeup.
Finally, my last drugstore holy grail makeup item is the Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain in the shade 045 New York Scene. This costs £8.99, and it is a darker berry tone, meaning it is better for winter. This is glossy and moisturising, however it is not sticky, like most lipglosses. The applicator is quite odd, however the shape of the applicator makes it so much easier to apply the product.

So that's it for today's post. I hope you enjoyed it. I plan to do a similar post next week.
Much love, Cara xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment