Saturday 30 April 2016

Natural Spring Makeup

Hey everyone, welcome to my blog. I hope you're having a wonderful day. Today's post is a natural spring makeup look, which is very lightweight and comfortable on the skin. I used as few products as possible, and they created the perfect makeup look for spring.

These are the products that I used to create the look. I started off with a primer, as always. The one I chose was from Rimmel, and it is the stay matte primer. This helps to create a smooth base for makeup, so it stays on for longer. This also keeps the face matte for up to eight hours, which reduces the need to powder throughout the day. This was kindly given to me by my friend Kasey, and I think that it is a good primer. I then used the Collection lasting perfection all over my face, instead of a foundation. This is much more lightweight on the skin, and the concealer also gives very full coverage, so this reduced the need for a foundation. I chose to use a contouring palette for this look, as it contains a blusher, bronzer and highlighter, which are perfect for that sun-kissed look. This kit is from Makeup Revolution, and it is a bargain at £3.50. I lightly contoured with the bronzer, then applied the blush to the apples of my cheeks, and then used the highlighter to highlight my cheeks, nose and Cupid's bow.

I chose to keep the eyes quite natural, so I applied a liquid eyeshadow (Rimmel scandal eyes). This eyeshadow leaves a shimmery rose gold shade on the eyelids, which is the perfect shade for spring. I then applied a few coats of the Makeup Revolution amazing curve mascara, as this really darkens my eyelashes and it holds a curl really well. I then went on to fill in my eyebrows, and lately I've been liking to fill them in naturally. For this, I use the Rimmel eyebrow pencil, then set them into place with the Collection clear mascara.

Finally, to complete the look, I applied the Benefit posiebalm. This is a light pink lip balm, which gives the most subtle hint of pink to the lips, which isn't too dramatic, meaning it is perfect to complete this natural makeup look.

So that's it for today's post, I hope you enjoyed it.
Much love, Cara xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment