Saturday 8 October 2016

Halloween Makeup Look 2

Hey everyone, welcome to my blog. I hope you're having a wonderful day. Today's post is the second of my Halloween makeup looks, and this week I have chosen to do a Harley Quinn makeup look, as I feel that Harley Quinn will be a very popular costume this year.

                       

To create this look, I started by priming my face, and applying a small amount of concealer on the areas of my face that needed extra coverage. I then mixed some white face paint in with the lightest foundation that I own, to make a pale base for the look. I then set this with a translucent powder, before moving onto the eyes.
I chose to start with the red eye, which was the right side of my face. I realised that I didn't have any red eyeshadow, so I applied a red lipstick as an eyeshadow base, then I used a red liquid lipstick in the crease to try and add some definition. After this, I used a black gel eyeliner to create a wing.
Moving onto the blue eye, I used a dark blue eyeshadow in the crease to define my eye, and then added a paler blue over my eyelid, before blending the two together to ensure there was no harsh lines. I then applied the same black gel eyeliner and created another wing (let's overlook the fact they were completely uneven, it is a Halloween look after all).
After this, I filled in my eyebrows and moved onto the eyeshadow under my eye. For the red side, I used a pink eyeshadow, and applied it in downward strokes with a thin eyeshadow brush, and blending out the edges. I then did the same with the blue, but this side looked a lot harsher where the eyeshadow was darker.
To finish the look, I took a red lipstick and applied it to my lips, and smudged out the right side of my lip. Then I took a black kohl eyeliner, and drew the heart underneath the red eye, and wrote the word 'rotten' on the same side of my face, under the cheekbone. This turned out much bigger than it was meant to, but that doesn't matter.

So that's it for today's post, I hope you enjoyed it. I plan to upload a new makeup look every week until Halloween.
Much love, Cara xxx

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!! Well done! I've finally started blogging again, by the way! How are you?
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I'm glad you're blogging again, it's been a while x

      Delete